Thursday, October 14, 2010

a few things


Here's a picture taken from my sister-in-law's baby shower this past weekend. I didn't know about the shower till the last minute so my gift was likewise last-minute. But I thought it came out well. I'm definitely getting better at machine applique, although I still find the actual process a bit tedious. Something akin to binding a quilt. I like the finished result but doing it is boring.


I finished The Selfish Squirrel. I threw a doily on hoop and liked it. Now I want more doilies. 


I made this...thing...I guess it's like a mat to put a centerpiece on? Maybe? I'm not sure what do with it. Any suggestions?


Right now I'm working on costumes. Every year I find the picking out of patterns really fun, and the actual sewing really boring. I don't know why. I think I'm just in a funk.


6 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Here's to breakin out o the funk! Doily in Hoop = pure genius. And, that banner came out very nice. I made one last night, and my mom says "what, it doesn't say anything?" Sigh.

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

Ha ha ha, that sounds like something my mom or my husband would say. I sent my mom a picture of a painting I'm working on for her and her only comment was something to the effect of, "Please tell me you're not done yet."

Not everyone gets what I do, that's for sure. :)

rachel.lyn said...

oh gosh i love that doily hoop! what a great idea!!

i need to take pictures of Willow's nursery...i've been waiting on esther to do the curtains! her beaaaaaautiful banner is hanging on her crib and it looks so perfect there! come see!

and as for that little circle thing...i can see it as a pot holder if you thicken it up and put a pocket on the back :)

the shoppe owner said...

I love the banner. LOVE IT.

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

Susan, mayhaps Juliana needs one??

the shoppe owner said...

How about one that says SUSAN??? Just kidding ;) I would LOVE one for Juliana AND for Eleanor. How much would you charge??? I was originally going to do their room in an ivory and deep plum and aqua with wrought iron touches here and there, but now I'm conflicted and possibly going for some sorbet rainbow colors. Is there something wrong with me?!?