Thursday, May 5, 2011

7 a.m.

It's 7a.m., and I've already driven for an hour, made cookies, started dinner (I love crockpots. Seriously) and made this:

Another little bag

A little bit ago I saw this cute take on windows on Flickr and my first thought was not "oh. lady parts," but, "Oh! It's like cathedral windows, only easier!" I filed it away on my mental to do list. Today I glanced at the tutorial, then figured I could just do it on my own, and whipped this baby up. 

Say, "Aaaaah..."

I know based on my perusal of the tutorial that I did not do anything the same except sewing down the folded strips. I wanted a rainbow effect, so I sewed four strips of fabric together to form the "peekaboo" background. I definitely did NOT hand sew all those little windows--gah! That's a little more self-torture than I'm into right now. The front and back of the outside and lining are one piece. I mitered (if that's the right term here) the bottom corners pretty deeply so the pouch could stand on it's own--making the base about two inches wide. And I used the same method used on Noodlehead's clutch for the zipper because I feel like it looks cleaner.

I have no idea why I felt the need to make this, but there you have it. 

Now what to do with the rest of my day?


Jenny said...

Okay, you just made me laugh with the lady parts - hoo ha tutorial. Never would have thought that. Love the pouch, it's gorgeous. I'll keep that in my bag of tricks but not sure if I can ever use it to give away without laughing at the hoo-ha part of it.

Leslie said...

wow that is a lot done so early in the morning~!

tusen said...

it's a beauty :)
and I just can't imagine what time you had to get up to achieve all this - are you some kind of a superwoman? ;)

pinkbrain said...

Super cute!
You should just whip up an evening gown, make a weeks worth of meals, collect honey, cure cancer. Then have lunch.
I wish I was that productive (and fast!) in the morning.

Rachel Hauser said...

So, now I know that i really do have to make a Gathered Clutch just so I can learn how to do those zipper tabs...

Also, now I can only see lady parts. Which is disturbing. Darn.

SewAmy said...

I saw the tutorial the other day and thought 'lady parts' too. LOL I do love the bag though, it is so cute.