Thursday, January 26, 2012

i heart hearts

So my sewing has come to a bit of a standstill while I wait for money for fabric. Ah, the story of my life. In the meantime, I've been typing away at my "book" and making hearts.

I've never been a big fan of Valentines day, seeing it mainly as an excuse for stores to sell candy and flowers and cards. I want my husband to say he loves me because he does, not because it's the required day for it. And I have to admit, the super saturation of pink and red hasn't traditionally been my favorite thing ever. But for some reason this year I've just gotten into hearts. 

Ever since I saw this quiltie on Flickr last year, I've been wanting to do a drawing like it. The other day I did, and it was fun.

L'amour ne meurt jamais

I'm also piddling around with making these heart garlands for my house/my friend's V-day party. 

heart garland

Seven down, thirteen to go, ha.
On a Valentine's Day-related note, I made these little bow ties for the aforementioned party. There's going to be a little photo area, and I never seem to be able to dress my boys cute for pictures so I'm totally taking advantage of this opportunity. My younger two wanted bow ties, and I also made a skinny red tie for my oldest since he's too cool for school now.

bow ties

I'm pretty excited about the upcoming soiree. I think it will be nice to have a cute little party for the kids, even if my older boys do find the whole idea of pink and hearts "icky" and "girly". Ha ha ha. Oh, you stinky boys.

No comments: