Now that the new year is in full swing, I'm working on a new set of goals to go with it. Here's what I got so far (I'll probably be adding as I go, but for now....):
1. Learn to be proficient with my gun. Safety, marksmanship, maintenance--all aspects.
2. Participate in at least four 5k races. I'd like to run most of them if I can.
3. Learn how to make goats milk soap.
4. Make summer sausage out of our venison.
5. Take a class. For anything, really. I just need to learn some new things.
6. Sculpt something. It's been way too long since I did any 3D art.
7. Spend more time being active than I do in front of the computer. Or at least equal time.
8. Pick a Pin--at least one a month!
Let's talk about that last one first. Pinterest can be a wonderful thing. It can also be a soul-sucking, comparison-inducing, all-absorbing black hole of a time waster. I want to keep it wonderful for myself, and so I'm committing to keeping it useful.
This year I'm going to Pick a Pin for every month. Whether it's a recipe, a craft, something that inspires some new art, whatever. I'm going to pick something I've already pinned, e.g. not something new that I found today, and I'm going to cook, make, or purchase it. I don't need to spend countless hours looking at a million things I will never try, never buy, never cook. I just don't.
So here's the pin I'm picking for this month. I'm going to recreate this cake for my niece's birthday.
Maybe I'll add another one for this month later. For now I think I'll keep it simple and stress-free. What about you all? Anyone else feel the need to stop browsing and start doing? If you want to follow along, I'd love to see what you decide to make.