Friday, April 2, 2010

quilt #2 for swaziland

swazi quilt  top #2, backlit

finished this quilt top at 7:30 this morning. it's based on the new wave quilt by oh, fransson! i say "based" because i pretty much just looked at the picture and figured it out because i hate following instructions. nevertheless, credit where credit is due.

see that fabric? remember awhile back when i won some anna maria horner fabrics on a giveaway? i've been hoarding it for awhile, sitting in dark closets and rubbing my hands together while chuckling to myself in a creepy fashion whilst daydreaming of how i would put it to use. this seemed like the time and place.

i like taking pictures of these things with light shining behind them, even if the quality isn't great. hopefully i will look good quilted, but i'm just going to keep pumping out tops for awhile before i start that part. i can only handle so much of that quilting rack and the wedding quilt was so crazy that i need a good long break.

5 comments:

rachel.lyn said...

JENN!!!! this is beautiful!! LOVE the pattern...i think this may be my favorite one yet. you should do more like this :)

teaginny said...

GORGEOUS!

the shoppe owner said...

Jenn, it's gorgeous! I'll email you soon. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Life has been busy here. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

unbelievable! beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I would like to contribute a quilt as well. Haven't made it yet--but plan to. Where do I send it?