Friday, January 28, 2011

1/5

So this has nothing to do with craftiness, I just feel the need to get this out there for a little extra accountability. Or something.

In December I had a big long talk with myself and decided that I've been really lazy about exercising since my youngest was born. There were so many excuses--I'm tired, my neck hurts, I've got cramps, we're too busy with school...the list goes on. All of the sudden I'd had it with myself. So I decided to start working out. Every day. No excuses.

On January first (not because of New Years but because starting day 1 on the 1st just appeals to my uptight nature) I started waking up early and doing the TurboFire program. It's hard. Really hard. Lots of jumping and kicking and the feeling of needing to hurl a little. But yesterday marked the end of month one and I didn't miss a single day. I worked out when I was tired. When my neck hurt. When I was busy all day. I even worked out when we were in Orlando for four days, getting up before everyone else was awake so I still had time to cook and put together lunches for our days at the theme parks. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself, but I also realize this is just a "good start". The program itself is five months long and my goal is to get to the end of that with no excuses and hopefully forming a good habit of working out regardless of time constraints or how I feel. This needs to be a non-negotiable part of my day. And not just until I lose all my weight--because for me that's not likely to happen. I've never been thin and I doubt I ever will be. But I want to be healthy and active and able to keep up with my kids. And that's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.

This month I lost an inch off all my body parts except my legs and bust, where I lost two. I feel pretty good about that.

Anyway, like I said, nothing to do with anything, I just wanted to...I don't know. Brag a little. Be accountable to all you people who could probably care less. Encourage those of you who want to start exercising yourselves.

Here's to a good start!! One down, five to go.

2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Getting up early like that, never missing a day - that is truly impressive. I'm glad you're already seeing rewards for your discipline. I'm trying to step the exercise up a notch too (you're like up 8 notches). Here's to will power!

Jenn Russo said...

Proud of you chica! And - yes it shows!!! Great perserverance - and thank you for the encouragement! As I am honestly fighting my way through my moving boxes to find the dvd you gave me - which I KNOW I have nicely and safely packed...somewhere....I have spent the last few days at least 2 hours each day raking leaves - quite intense since it hasn't been done for a few years at this rental house! 15 bags completed and the other 1/2 of the yard to go! Feeling beat. Feeling good!