Yesterday I started up my Charley Harper quilt. After very little deliberation I decided to go with the cell illustration--the microbes in the water seemed too fussy, and the satellite looks too much like the Death Star from Star Wars.
I just happened to have all the Kona solids I wanted to match the picture (I still have no idea how THAT happened but I'll glad take the fortuitous fabric surplus) so all I had to do was fuse fabrics and arrange patterns. It was fun. And I have to say I LOOOOOVE where this is going--I have an obsession with cells and microbes, not to mention the mod, graphic style of the illustrations.
I hope the end result is as fun as the starting was!