Friday, June 10, 2011

The Zoo

Henrietta
Say hello to Henrietta. The newest addition to our growing family.

I admit this week has been sort of overwhelming. My whole life we had dogs and the occasional cat, and now suddenly I'm doing crash courses on bunny and chicken care. I like it, but it's sort of exhausting. 

Of course, that could also be the lack of sleep due to feverish baby. Did I mention the overwhelming week?

On a side note, my five year old pointed out that "Henrietta" has the word "Hen" in it, which he found absolutely hysterical. He started calling her "Chickenrietta" and then laughing even harder. He's so weird. I have no idea where he gets it from.

2 comments:

good. said...

That is such a beautiful chicken! And I love the name. Did you go pick it out at a farm? For egg purposes?

Jenny Squawk said...

I love me some chickens, too. However, 3 eggs a day is a little daunting sometimes. We have 3 chickens. Oh so much fun!

Sorry about the fever. What a energy drain.