Saturday, June 30, 2012

the second amendment

The second thing on my list that needs replacing is number seven: Be able to do a handstand.

There are several reasons this one is getting bumped, but mostly it's just that right now, upside-downess is not my friend.

So I've decided to replace it with something I can't believe I forgot to put on my list to begin with:


#7: Learn to make a pretty macaron.

Ever since the first time I saw one in a magazine a few years back, I was smitten. I could care less that they're "trendy", or that they're supposedly the new cupcake (seriously, how can cupcakes go out of style? Cupcakes are classic!!). I have absolutely no idea how they taste, and it's entirely possible that they taste, well...gross. But I don't care. I want to be able to make them anyway. Because they're pretty. And they look like tiny, festive hamburgers. Mostly I think it's because they're tiny and I like tiny things. Aaaaand they come in all kinds of pretty colors. Here are some of my faves from Pinterest:





Source: google.com via Jenn on Pinterest






Source: tumblr.com via Sonoe on Pinterest





If that doesn't make you want to rush out and drop ten bucks on almond flour, I don't know what will. If I had ten bucks right now, you can bet your sweet boohiney I'd be at the natural food store RIGHT NOW raiding the gluten-free section before heading over to Michael's for more gel food coloring. But I don't have ten bucks. Curse you, inspiration! Why must you always come when I can't afford supplies!?

I guess I'll go take a nap instead. And dream of tiny, colorful hamburgers.

3 comments:

rachel.lyn said...

I better be invited over the day these are made!
YUM!!

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

fo sho ray ray. perhaps a post-yoga bake day??

Jennifer R said...

Dear me...I'd save up the ten bucks to give you just to see you make them. I actually could feel my hands reaching towards the screen to eat the dadgum picture!

And "boohiney"??????? SO stealing that one!