Friday, July 20, 2012

Eleven. And life without a whisk.


#11 on my Thirteen by thirteen list: Start keeping a sketch journal again. Done and done. Here's to a super weird, nonsensical, abstract doodling start.

Next on the list, replacing my broken whisk attachment for the stand mixer so I can make macarons. I have the ingredients, but how to whip without a whisk? I can't tell you what a gut-wrenching, perplexing moment it was to have part of my Kitchen Aid mixer break. Break? What? I've had the thing for eleven years and it has seen almost daily use, but still. I could feel the world begin to come crashing down when it happened. I've been whiskless for a month now, and not a day goes by when I don't look sadly at my mixer and think, "That paddle attachment is okay, but it's just not the same without you, dear whisk."

Okay. That was just silly. It's entirely possible I need a nap or something.

No comments: