Friday, November 8, 2013

my buffer is full

I have a friend who likes to say her "buffer is full" when she's overtired or overworked and whatever is running through her head flies unedited out of her mouth. The phrase always makes me laugh (as does her unedited commentary) and really nails how I've been feeling lately. Ever since I got back Stateside I feel like my mind is overloaded with stuff it can't possibly process all at once. My buffer is full, my CPU is bogged down and my mental status bar is moving so slow it appears to have stopped.

I know--that was about three computer metaphors too many.

But still. It fits for now. As I sift through pictures and memories and lessons learned, and as I try to not forget the meaningful experiences while also trying to not dwell in the past, my mind seems to be slowly catching up.

One day I might understand it all. In the meantime, it's back to the day-to-day regular life stuff for me, which is both hard to face after all that adventure, and soothing at the same time.

Here's something that has nothing to do with any of that. After I got back from Swaziland, I had a few days at home and then I was on a plane again, off to pick up my kids from my mom's house in California. While we were out there we went to a big pumpkin patch/carnival thingy with the kids, and they had a great time. These are some of my favorite pictures.



Oh my gosh look at our legs in that picture. It gives me the giggles.




No comments: