Thursday, January 28, 2010

modern quilt guild of tampa

so, guess what? there's a modern quilt guild of tampa.
what? you didn't know??

well that's probably because i'm the only person in the guild. so far. anybody else want to join me?

i read about the guild on flickr, in one of the pools my quilts are in, and it sounds like fun to me. i love the idea of workshops and get-togethers that involve sewing machines, and i'm sure there have to be other like-minded people in tampa. and since there wasn't a branch in tampa i decided to bite the bullet and just start one myself. who knows what (if anything) will happen with this, but that's the fun of it!

basically, if you like sewing and like quilts, you should join. you don't have to be some veteran quilter or anything. i'm certainly not. ;)

3 comments:

elizabeth ann said...

I will join! Quilting still scares me but I'd like to get back into it. I was gung-ho for awhile but after making that baby quilt for Rachel I was pretty discouraged. Always wanted to be part of a craft group. Thanks for starting it, Jenn!

blessedby5 said...

I am so there!! Keep me posted:-)

Jody Sanders said...

Found you through the Modern Quilt Guild site ... and am going to join. Your blog is wonderful.