Friday, May 21, 2010

Scrappy Sunrise Quilt

scrappy sunrise, finished

I actually finished this a few days ago. Isn't it pretty? It makes me smile. This is not going to be a Swaziland quilt, though. First of all because it came out HUGE. It's bigger than a twin, or at least wider. Second of all, because I want it. Bad. Ha ha. We'll see what happens. I always say, "This one's for me!" and then I give it to someone else.

Here's the back, because I have obsessive/compulsive disorder when it comes to arranging colors by a gradient, and repeating patterns. Plus it just made me laugh while I was doing it.

scrappy sunrise, back

Here it is all pretty and folded up. :) You can see the loopy quilting stitch I did, and the pretty binding. I used Heather Bailey's "Wash Day Ticking" which I think I finally just ran out of after using it in a zillion projects. Kinda made me sad. I love that fabric.

scrappy sunrise, folded

I've got two more Swaziland quilts ready to be quilted, just waiting for batting. Dooodeedoo...thumb twiddling ensues...

6 comments:

Helen said...

I just saw this on flickr, love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

what is your email!?

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

jenngrigoryev@gmail.com

what happened to yours? i just tried to mail you and it got sent back...

Cheryl Arkison said...

Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Lovely transitions of color!

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

Thanks!!