Friday, February 11, 2011

You can run but you can't hide

My stash barfed up a rainbow

Look, my stash barfed up a rainbow! Speaking of which...
Every year it seems like something nasty goes around and every year my kids seem to pick it up. This year is no different, except this year, me and my husband got to enjoy it as well. Usually we're pretty healthy but this seems to be one illness that you can't hide from. This entire week has been a miasma of throwing up, sleeping, laundry from all the throwing up, bleach, barf buckets...the list goes on. Fortunately we were all slightly spaced out in the order we got it--first my two older boys got it, the next was me and the baby, and then yesterday was my husband. It sucked. Bad. At one point I wished for death, and this is coming from a person who vomits incessantly while pregnant so it's not like I'm not used to throwing up. I can't explain how awful it was, and how many people I know have gotten this--it's like an inescapable monster. 

Anyway, despite the nausea that is still present and all the work I've had all week with cleanup and care-taking, I did manage to get a little sewing done. Mostly as an escape from the moaning and groaning and gross smells. On Tuesday I finished my dress--pictures to come later. Yesterday while my husband slept I put together the quilt top for my month of do. Good Stitches. Again, more pics later because there's no light outside today.

Getting started, finally

And today I FINALLY got a start on my doll quilt. I've really had a hard time deciding what to do for this swap. My partner is pretty quiet so I have no idea if I'm going the right direction, but I had to do something. If it works out, great, if not, I'll try something else later when I'm feeling a little more inspired. For now I'll say that I'm doing zig-zags, but in a slightly different way that normal.

Lined up and ready to go

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Oooh, good luck (not that you'll need it!). We had the flu last week too ;(