Sunday, March 6, 2011

Looking for some quiet time

This last week has been nuts. Homeschooling, car buying, park day (my ability to go being thanks to the car buying--yay!!) women's conference at church, gardening, pressure washing...the list goes on.

With all this craziness going on I haven't even touched my sewing machine. I've got so many ideas floating around in the ether of my overly full brain but I can't seem to nail myself down to start any of them. 

I did manage to come up with MORE inspiration, though. For that day, sometime soon I hope, when I feel like doing something other than laying around with a book or vegging in front of the computer.

Charley Harper Quilt Along {Inspiration}

I was recently invited to take part in the Charley Harper Quilt Along on Flickr, and it's something I'm pretty excited about. Not excited enough to, y'know, start sewing or anything, but definitely excited enough to go, "Ooooooh....I'm excited." Ahem. Anyway.

I've really gotten into his illustrations over the last few years, but I don't really feel like making anything with a bird on it, thanks to my sister-in-law emailing me that video. And Charley Harper did a lot of birds. Instead, I find myself inspired by biology and space. Which is so totally out of character for me. I'm just shaking things up a bit. Breaking out of my rut. Going out on a limb.

On a side note, I find it difficult to convey sarcasm when I'm typing. That's something I'll have to work on. 

On another side note, having a car of one's own after 3.5 years of not having a car of ones own makes one feel very happy and liberated and relieved and did I say relieved already. 

On a further, additional, exceedingly important side note, I'm really, stupendously, totally starving. 

 I think I should go before I think of another side note.

3 comments:

Jenn Russo said...

Wow my sweet friend how you ramble so humorously! Knowing you... I don't think biology and science is far from your norm... you are amazing at it with your paintings and cool sketches! I'd like to know when you get to the point of having time to be commissioned for a cool creation of whatever media you choose. hmmmm...?

rachel.lyn said...

hahahaha...i know....i'll never look at anything with a bird on it the same way!!!

i love that you have a car now. i'm taking olivia to the spray park in Hyde Park with my friend, Dawn, on Wednesday if you want to join!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Oh, big congrats on the car!!!!!