Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vital

vital

Day three of VBS. The halfway point. My friend took my older boys home for the night which gave me a quiet opportunity to finish this bizarre drawing I've been playing with for awhile. I know, it's weird. My husband said, "That's...interesting." My oldest said it was kind of "gross and creepy." My middle son said, "Huh, huh. I like it."

I can't decide if I want it with color or just black and white. Sometimes I add color and end up annoyed I didn't stick with simple. Other times I feel like black and white is so stark and boring. I dunno. Thoughts?

7 comments:

blessedby5 said...

leave it black and white. color may make it a bit more graphic?? but then again this is you:-))

Extra Fancy said...

high res scan and print in b&w on thick paper.. then color the original.. then sell it to me! either one! I'd love a print!

SewAmy said...

I like the B & W.

Kelly Irene said...

I did a double take on this while scrolling through my Reader this morning (a good double take!). I think the B&W is really perfect for this one. It's so beautiful and maybe slightly creepy in the glimpse-a-hidden-world kind of way; color might detract from that...in my mind anyways. I really do like it. alot.

Rebecca said...

wow that is really beautiful. i really like it in black and white, esp since babies see only in black and white at first. hmm, that image will stick with me...thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

leave it alone! it's perfect

Kunklebaby said...

I like the black & white! It has so much textural elements that it's not boring at all.

I really like it also!