Thursday, August 11, 2011

UFO week(s)

I'm bound and determined that by the end of August, all of my unfinished projects WILL be finished. I feel mentally like I can't take starting school with all these half-done things hanging over my head, so...rather than enjoy my last few weeks of summer vacation (it's too hot to enjoy anyway) I'm going to crack down on myself and get stuff DONE.

First on my list: The Charley Harper Quilt. Started in...uh...March. Finished quilting it last night and bound it up this morning. Check!

Charley Harper finished

Charley Harper detail

I love how it came out with that thin black binding. For a long time this hung unfinished on my wall because I wasn't sure I liked it, but now that it's done I really truly love it. I especially love all the weird puffy parts because it adds to the "organic" charm.

Next on my list: varnish Mal's bed. I built it in April and am just now getting it finished. No pictures because it's between coats, but hey! I'm getting there!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

i LOVE this quilt.....so beautiful.

Andrea said...

that original design!!

Emma said...

I really love this quilt :) especially the weird part on the side. :)

Leanne said...

I love how this turned out, it is such a great take on Charlie Harper!

Richmond Small Appliance Repair said...

Hi thankks for posting this