Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moldy oldies

Yesterday the clouds of my funkdom seemed to be parting, so I took full advantage. I sewed those X string blocks, made two pairs of pj's, started embroidering the center part of my Christmas pillow, and finished binding this atrocity:

Mario Mug Rug :: finito

I don't know how many of you remember when I first put this mug rug together ages ago, but this thing is, in my opinion, the absolute ugliest thing ever. I was so excited about those teeny tiny cross-stitched bits from Super Mario Bros., and then I went and ruined it with grosstastic pinks and maroons. Blech! Still, though, I felt like it needed to be done and possibly given to someone who doesn't share my disgust. Anyone? Ha.

Also, I just realized that I forgot to post about a few things that by now feel so last year. Ha ha ha. Like for example, some of the other glass fused thingies I brought back from class a few weeks ago. Now keep in mind I was entirely unenthusiastic about that class, and didn't want to spend loads of money on glass, so I really went out of my way to use up all, and I mean ALL the glass I bought initially. Which is why nearly everything I made is orange, white, turquoise, and green.

mod plate

I made a buttload of pendants, figuring some of them could be Christmas presents. Unfortunately the women at the studio took in upon themselves to edit my firing instructions because, "We just didn't think you were going to like the way they looked."  !!!!  I tried as...diplomatically...as I am capable to explain that I knew exactly what I wanted and what it would look like and I didn't appreciate them taking it upon themselves to change that. ANYWAY, I still don't have 80% of the things I made because they all had to be re-fired. Ugh. I did, however, get this one back, and honestly I think it's my favorite of all the things I made.

zombie pendant 

I also realized that I forgot to blog about the lovely gift I received from Rachel of Stitched in Color as a thank-you for leading a do.Good Stitches circle this past year. For awhile now she'd been posting about all these fun, improv-pieced composition book covers she was making, and a little while back I was fortunate enough to receive one of them! Now, I LOVE comp books so this was perfect for me. Also, I got a sample pack of some Aurifill thread which I keep hearing about but had yet to try. It's all very exciting!


Anyway, that's all for today. Dosvidanya.

4 comments:

blessedby5 said...

Yeah!!! Beautiful friend.

cherie godbey said...

I love the mug rug! You are far too critical of your own work! It is too cute!

Kelly Irene said...

I'm glad the funk is parting some! I really like the green and orange glass piece. It's kind of funny about the ladies ignoring your instructions (although I'm sure it isn't as funny for you). Too bad you weren't making images of reeds and ducks out of your glass.... lol! I hope this weekend is a good one for you and you get lots of crafting going!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Welcome, welcome!!!